March 09, 2017 at Rudramandir in Berkeley.
“But a mermaid has no tears, and therefore she suffers so much more.”- Hans Christian Andersen, The Little Mermaid
We may know the difference between pain and suffering in theory, but how do we find actual relief in the throes of stress, trauma, and chaos? And how do we show up as our full selves in all that?
*****The world needs us to be fully us. Those who love us need us to be fully us. We need us to be fully us!*****
What helps us become more fully ourselves, and to feel more and suffer less?
Wisdom of The Body provides powerful tools like:
• Profoundly nurturing, nonsexual physical touch
• Ways to release old stories and hurts so they no longer run the show
• How to heal from neglect–even more than abuse, neglect can be insidious
• Finding our center in the midst of turmoil
• Reframing suffering-causing thoughts into compassion-sparking ones
We’ll touch on all these ways of becoming more fully us, and up to four people will have a chance to directly receive the work.
You might see sessions that take place on:
– The couch (for dialogue, inquiry, empathy and philosophical journeys)
– The floor (for movement, sound and vertical physical exploration)
– The mat (for more full-on, free-form nonsexual physical contact)
– The massage table (for more receptive physical contact)
YOU SPOKE, WE LISTENED.
Instead of watching so many demos, we’re adding some more participatory work as well, so everyone will have the option to participate.
Join us as we play in this field, with a focus on real-world skills to move beneath the suffering to transform our experience of the moment. Up to four people will have a chance to directly receive the work. You’ll also learn about the upcoming 9-month Immersion.
***NOTE: To ensure full participation for all, please wear no scents.***
Here’s what a former Immersion student said about this work:
“I have my MA in Transpersonal Psychology from Naropa University in Boulder CO since 2005. I have been in private practice for over a decade and worked in various capacities with multiple certifications in massage, qigong healing, stress management, comfort touch, Spiral Dynamics, Esalen massage and more. Working with Jill over the past couple of years has given me more than anything I’ve gained from any of those certifications.”
– Velina Lujan, yourstressmanager.com
You’re welcome to RSVP here, AND please also RSVP on the meetup site: https://www.meetup.com/Wisdom-of-the-Body-Beyond-Talk-Therapy-East-Bay/events/237765279/
Tickets are $5-$15 in advance, $20 at the door, if we have space. Get advance tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wisdom-of-the-body-intro–playshop-feel-more-suffer-less-tickets-31998545511
YES PLEASE invite others. <3
For more information, call:
Jill (415) 509-6430
or email firstname.lastname@example.org