April 08, 2016 at El Camino Park in Palo Alto.
All players and all newcomers are welcome at our open practices!
Never played before? Not to worry! We’ll teach you the ropes.
1. Warmups, gameplay overview, basic techniques
2. Minigames/drills: Learn chasing, beating, seeking
3. Offense and defense practice
4. Try your skills on the field in our scrimmages!
BRING: water, sunscreen, cleats or shoes you can run in, comfy clothes. Optional: mouth guard, football receiver gloves, shades.
CARPOOLS: available from Menlo Park, Palo Alto, San Jose, Sunnyvale, and Mountain View. Post on the event and include your location if you need a ride.
NEWCOMERS: Skyfighters are holding rolling tryouts for next season tournament play. We take up to 21 players per tournament! Come out and show us what you’ve got!
1. Be nice!
2. Be communicative.
3. Be open to feedback.
4. No conflicts on the pitch
5. No recruiting for teams other than Skyfighters Quidditch Club