January 06, 2017 at The San Francisco Dungeon in San Francisco.
The American Red Cross is setting up shop at The Dungeon’s second floor event space overlooking The Wharf, providing locals and visitors alike the opportunity to give the gift of life. In exchange, The Dungeon is offering complimentary vouchers to tour its underground attraction featuring the newly opened Escape Alcatraz drop ride and show – the only one of its kind in North America.
The Dungeon’s cast of surly Barbary Coast characters – including the infamous Black Plague Doctor – will provide entertainment for all donors; a rare treat to catch them above ground for this special blood giving occasion.
All blood donors receive a voucher for a complimentary visit to the Dungeon, plus a long-sleeved American Red Cross holiday t-shirt and refreshments. To sign up, go to www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor name DUNGEON. The Dungeon is on Fisherman’s Wharf at 145 Jefferson Street, San Francisco, CA 94133.
TOP 10 REASONS TO GIVE BLOOD:
1. Free refreshments and a tour of The San Francisco Dungeon – duh
2. It’s easy and convenient – only takes an hour; with bonus of a San Francisco Dungeon tour
3. Weigh less – one pint less than when you came in
4. It’s something you can spare – yet not enough to go around
5. No one can ask you to do heavy lifting – as long as you wear your bandage, milk it
6. Walk a little taller afterward – feel good knowing you helped save a life
7. Ensure that blood is there when needed – one donation yields red cells, platelets and plasma
8. Give a gift that costs nothing – money can’t buy blood; it’s only something we can give to each other
9. Be someone’s hero – save up to three lives in just one donation
10. It’s the right thing (and fun thing) to do at The San Francisco Dungeon on January 6, 2017!